Code of Conduct
Committing to LIME’s sustainable network will present a great signal to the textile industry's market, whether you are a client or supplier.
Due to problems in our industry,such as illegal and harmful products damaging people, as well as employees, it is important and essential for LIME to take action and be respectfull about the environment, in the way we act on the market.
Accordingly to LIME's interest in sparing the environment, a code of conduct were established in 2011. The code of conduct will be our ethical points for committing in LIME’s network:
- No child labor allowed (under 16 years.).
- Only certified suppliers can cooperate in the network, securing the standards (GOTS or other quality certifications).
- Sustainability in textile industry is linked to CSR-standards. LIME has developed a specific CSR-policy that secures sustainable production in a ethical way.
- Suppliers must be certified with LIME CSR, BSCI or more, to secure quality in the production process and working conditions.
Due to our code of conduct and sustainable way of acting, we are delighted to present an animal policy.
We do not use:
- Real fur of any type in our products
- Leather that is not a "by"-product from animals, that have been bred for the food industry
- Leather obtained from live-skinning or live-boiling
- Feather or down from birds that have not been bred and raised for the food industry
- Feather or down from birds that have been live-plucked. Suppliers are expected to declare their suppliers of feather and down
- Wool from sheep that have been exposed to mulesing. We require evidence from suppliers that all merino wool for our products are mulesing-free
- Materials derived from species that appear on the CITES (the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora) or IUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature) lists of endangered species
In addition, we require that any materials derived from animals used in our products are from animals that are treated humanely and according to animal welfare laws and recommendations.
LIME do not agree with testing cosmetics on animals. Our suppliers must not be involved in any animal testing of cosmetic products and ingredients, or purchase ingredients or products from suppliers which have been involved in such practices.
Responsibility in action